These adorable Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes are perfect for summer parties. With the help of prepared cake mix and creamy frosting, they are easy to make too. These pretty flower cupcakes would be great for a birthday party, bridal shower or baby shower! Arrange them on a tiered cake plate so they look like a cupcake flower bouquet.
Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes
A cute treat for summer birthdays and barbecues, these flower cupcakes can be prepared homemade or from packaged cake mix and frosting. After the cupcakes were cool, I used a Wilton 2D tip to swirl light green frosting onto them.
To prepare the marshmallow petals, use sharp kitchen shears to cut a marshmallow into 3 pieces. Dip the freshly cut sticky side into decorating sugar, then repeat. Kids love to help dipping the marshmallows into the sugar! It takes 5 marshmallow petals to make 1 flower.
After the marshmallows are arranged on the cupcakes, place a single candy in the middle to be the center of the flower. We used Skittles, but I think Sprees or gumdrops would make lovely centers as well!
RELATED: Looking for something more adult? You’ll want to check out these Easy Mocha Cupcakes.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Prepared cake mix (any flavor)
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- Marshmallows (standard size)
- Sanding sugar (I used pink and purple)
- Skittles candies (or any round candy)
THINGS YOU MAY FIND USEFUL
- Kitchen shears
- Small bowls
- Muffin tins
- Cupcake liners
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- Wilton 2D frosting tip
- Frosting bag
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
More Cupcake Recipes:
If you enjoy making desserts with cake mix, these 3-Ingredient Cherry Cupcakes are right up your alley. They are delicious, pretty and easy to make!
Another party-worthy cupcake recipe is this delicious white chocolate favorite. These Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Buttercream Cupcakes are real show stoppers and perfect for a bridal shower!
While these are most popular around Valentine’s Day, these heart shaped cupcakes can be served anytime and are great for little girl birthdays or for more romantic occasions like an anniversary or wedding. Simply change up the food coloring to match the bridesmaid dresses or wedding flowers!
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your inbox every week.
Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes
- boxed cake mix
- prepared frosting
- colored sanding sugar
- marshmallows standard size
- green food dye
- Skittles or another round candy
- Bake the cupcakes according to the package.
- As the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting by adding 2–3 drops of green food dye.
- Make the marshmallow petals for the cupcakes by using kitchen shears to cut a marshmallow in half 3 times. It takes 5 petals to make 1 flower.
- Dip the sticky side of the marshmallows into the colored sugar.
- Place the marshmallows onto the frosting in a circle, then place a Skittle (or other round candy) in the middle.
- Repeat until all of the cupcakes are decorated!