The other night I made chicken on the grill, but I made too much. We ended up with two full boneless chicken breasts so I wrapped them and put the in the fridge. The next day I needed something for lunch. so I threw together a quick chicken salad. It was very tasty and would be perfect open faced on toast or inside a pita pocket!
I tossed in some yellow delicious apple for a little crunch and some slight sweet flavor, it was great! I used a combination of mayonnaise and Ranch dressing with just a little red onion tossed in. That’s what I had in the fridge, so that’s what I used. You could change it up however you like.
Leftover Chicken Salad
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 10 ounces chicken breasts cubed - about 2 breasts
- .15 pound yellow delicious apple sliced then chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- Mix everything together with a spoon. Serve over lettuce, on crackers or in a pita pocket.
Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html