The other night I made chicken on the grill, but I made too much. We ended up with two full boneless chicken breasts so I wrapped them and put the in the fridge. The next day I needed something for lunch. so I threw together a quick chicken salad. It was very tasty and would be perfect open faced on toast or inside a pita pocket!
I tossed in some yellow delicious apple for a little crunch and some slight sweet flavor, it was great! I used a combination of mayonnaise and Ranch dressing with just a little red onion tossed in. That’s what I had in the fridge, so that’s what I used. You could change it up however you like.
More Salad Recipes
Leftover Chicken Salad
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 10 ounces chicken breasts cubed - about 2 breasts
- .15 pound yellow delicious apple sliced then chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- Mix everything together with a spoon. Serve over lettuce, on crackers or in a pita pocket.