This post brought to you by McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am always on the lookout for dinner recipes that everyone in the family will enjoy. My oldest son is 21 now and an over the road truck driver. He also loves my homemade chili. In fact, it’s one of the dinners he requests most often. Now that he’s gone for weeks at a time, it’s great to make something he loves when he comes home.
I can’t tell you how proud I am of my oldest son. He had a lot of challenges growing up and made some bad choices. But he was persistent and worked hard to get where he is. Brings a tear to my eye every time I think about it!
If your kids are anything like mine, you can tell them the name of a recipe because they just can’t picture it in their head and hence, automatically hate it. So when they ask, I either don’t answer, or if they are persistent I say “chicken” or “something with ground beef”. Ha ha. I found this recipe for homemade Chicken Chili with Black Beans and Corn on McCormick.com and thought it looked fabulous. I knew once the aroma of the seasonings were in the room, they’d all be chomping at the bit for dinner. I was absolutely right!
It’s too bad videos don’t have “smell-o-vision” because you’d be asking for a dish of this as well. Maybe you saw it on Instagram when I shot this short video. It smelled SO good in the house!
If you’d like to try this recipe, which I highly recommend, be sure to print it off below. You’re going to need the following McCormick® seasonings: Paprika, Oregano Leaves, Cumin, Garlic Powder and Crushed Red Pepper.
You’ll start with cubed chicken, banana peppers (the original recipe calls for green bell pepper, but my husband can’t have them, so any sweet pepper will work) and onions.
While that’s browning, mix together all the seasonings.
Brown until the chicken is no longer pink.
Then all you have to do is add everything else! Couldn’t be easier. Mix it all together, bring it to a boil, then turn it down to low and let it simmer until done.
Want to try this recipe, or maybe a different one? Be sure and enter this “Homemade in America” giveaway and you might be the winner of a McCormick gift set! You must be 18 or older to enter, have a U.S. shipping address and enter no later than October 21, 2013.
How to Enter
Answer ONE of the following questions by leaving a comment on this blog post: 1) What’s your favorite McCormick spice? OR 2) Which McCormick recipe are you interested in trying from McCormick.com? Good luck and enjoy!
Our winner, Carrie comment #7, was randomly drawn and has claimed her prize. Thanks for your entries!
Chicken Chili with Black Beans & Corn
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped banana peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper Crushed
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces Canelli beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add paprika, oregano, cumin, garlic powder and red pepper; mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Italian Lasagna - March 20, 2023
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat - March 13, 2023
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes - March 7, 2023
Kaitlin Jenkins says
I’m most interested in the asian spice shown in the photo above- looks awesome!
IT has to be between the garlic bread sprinkle and the garlic powder. I use garlic for just about every dish!
Deb K says
My favorite McCormick spice is cinnamon!