I realize I’m running a little late on the cookie train, but I made these today and thought they were definitely good enough to share. :) These also bake up perfectly round making them a great cookie for gift bags! The dough itself uses ingredients that most people will have readily available and they bake up to a nice chewy and soft cookie. You can also add any flavor chocolate chips as this makes a great base for them!
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their votes in the Breakstone’s Blogger Challenge. I won’t know who won until the 28th of December, but still wanted to thank you all for your support! Also wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I wish you all the happiest of times and hope you are able to visit with family and friends. Hopefully Santa will leave something nice in your stocking. :)
If you are looking for a quick cookie fix, this is a great choice.
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whisk together flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Scrape down bowl. Turn mixer on low and gradually add in dry ingredients. Mix only until flour disappears. In necessary, turn off mixer and finish mixing with a wooden spoon. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to measure out dough into 1? balls. Roll in your hands and place on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine were 9 1/2 minutes). Slide parchment onto a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then remove cookies from parchment to rack to cool completely.
- Variation: Simply add any flavor chocolate chips (I used peanut butter and milk chocolate swirls) and use a cookie scoop to measure out, do not roll in your hands. Bake 10 minutes.