Note: In hot weather, especially if your kitchen is not air conditioned, mix should be kept in the refrigerator.
Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick)
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Place half of the dry mixture and half of the shortening into a food process. Process until combined. Repeat for second half of ingredients. Combine both batches in a big bowl and work with your hands, breaking up any larger pieces.
- Store in a covered container and use within a month. To measure, use the same scoop and level method you would use with regular flour.
- Smply combine 2 cups master mix with 2 eggs and a cup of milk.
- Combine 2 1/4 cups master mix and 2/3 cup milk.
- Combine, roll, cut, bake at 450 F for 8-10 minutes. Use this mix for any recipe calling for Bisquick.
Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!