Orange Dream, mmmm. Do you know those Jell-O recipe cards that you find tucked inside old cookbooks at thrift stores and garage sales? Heck you, your mom or even your grandmother might have an entire set of them? Well this cold dessert called Frosty Orange Dream Squares is one of those recipes.
While it’s quite tasty, I wouldn’t say it’s portable because you have to keep it in the freezer. So hauling it to the barbecue you were invited to probably won’t be an option. However, if you’re having friends over to your place, then definitely give this a try.
Frosty Orange Dream Squares
These Frosty Orange Dream Squares are made from sherbet, whipped cream (like Cool Whip) and pudding. The crust is made from Nilla Wafers, though you could certainly substitute graham crackers instead. In fact, did you know they make vanilla graham crackers know? Not kidding. I saw them at the grocery store just a couple weeks ago.
Hope you enjoy these Frosty Orange Dream Squares. I know we did!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Here’s what you will need:
40 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (see note below)
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 cups orange sherbet, softened
Things you’ll find helpful:
Get the printable version of the recipe below!
If you like dreamy dessert, try my Pineapple Dream Dessert. It’s the most popular dessert on this blog. Once you taste it you will totally understand why!
If you’d rather not fuss with dessert after dinner, start this in the slow cooker hours earlier! You’ll love the ease of this Vanilla Dream Crockpot Cake.
If you have a sweet tooth these Tropical Dream Dessert Bars are for you! Apricots, orange and pineapple combine for a flavor treat!
More dreamy desserts:
Frosty Orange Dream Squares
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It Text It
- 40 cookies vanilla wafers finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 6.8 ounces JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups orange sherbet, softened
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in half the COOL WHIP; spoon over crust. Refrigerate 10 min.
- Add remaining COOL WHIP to sherbet; whisk until blended. Spoon over pudding layer in crust.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting to serve.