I’m always up for a new chicken recipe, especially one that’s fairly easy. I’m also a big stir fry fan and use my wok often. I have several stir fry recipes in my arsenal, and this one just got added to the permanent library.
Now it’s right up there will my Sesame Chicken.
This makes a delicious gravy and the ingredient list is short and simple. The only adjustment I really made was to use some dried ginger I had instead of fresh ginger. Everyone enjoyed this and there were no leftovers.
Besides, I got to use one of my pretty garage sale plates for the pics! :)
Chicken and Scallion Stir Fry
Recipe from Healthy and Gourmet
Chicken Scallion Stir Fry
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Pin It Rate It
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 10 scallion stalks
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips about 2" long. Add the cornstarch and chili powder and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the scallions well. Cut off and discard the root ends, then slice the rest of the stalks into 2" to 3 " pieces. Set aside.
- In a wok or skillet over high heat, add the canola oil. Heat oil on high until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Add the chicken broth mixture and cook for another minute or two until almost half of the liquid has evaporated and the remainder forms a thick sauce. Add the scallions and toss together for 20 seconds. Remove from heat and serve over warm rice.
Some yummy stuff from the interwebs:
Mushroom Stir Fry – from Simply Recipes
Broccoli Beef Noodle Stir Fry – from Steamy Kitchen
Garlic Lover’s Vegetable Stir Fry – from Kalyn’s Kitchen
(If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a stumble, Digg, facebook share, whatever you like! :) )
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html