These Berrylicious cookie bars are sure to become a new family favorite. Easy to make, packed with delicious berries, and kid approved…they’re perfect for an after school (or anytime) snack!
Berrylicious Cookie Bars
When it comes to baking, I tend to stick to the tried and true. You know, those basic recipes that we know are going to work, even if we make small changes to them. This is one of those. I have a recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bars that my family loves, so I knew these Berrylicious Bars would be a big hit as well.
I used frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, but you can use any combination of berries you’d like. Don’t like nuts? I like the crunch and flavor the almonds add, but the cookie bars will be just as good without them.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
To make these Berrylicious Bars, you will need:
(full printable recipe below)
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 2 cups of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- stand mixer
These Berrylicious Cookie Bars always disappear quickly (at least they do in our house!), so I always try to freeze about half the batch to save them for later. But in addition to being a delicious after school and on-the-go snack, they’re an easy dessert to bring to potlucks and with the red and blue berries, they’d be great for 4th of July as well!
More Cookie Bar Recipes:
- PB&J Bars with Strawberry Jam from A Dish of Daily Life
- Cherry Berry Streusel Bars – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars from Averie Cooks
- Blueberry Crumble Bars from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Raspberry Lemon Bars from Diethood
- Tropical Dream Dessert Bars – Amanda’s Cookin’
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 2 cups of light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cups almond slivers
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with butter.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and baking powder and continue to beat.
- Add vanilla and egg to mixture; beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour to mixture, continuing to beat while adding it.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixture and stir in the oats.
- Reserve about a 1/2 cup of dough; press the rest of the dough into your baking dish.
- Spread the mixed berries across the top of the dough, then sprinkle in the almond slivers.
- Crumble pieces from the reserved dough across the top of the berries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick cleanly.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.