Tiramisu Cheesecake

You are truly going to love me. Do you remember the English Trifle Cheesecake I posted a couple of weeks ago? Well this amazing Tiramisu Cheesecake follows the same basic concepts with the fabulous flavors of that ever popular Italian dessert.

I ended up having to make this in an 8″ springform pan because the cake layers that I made for the trifle cheesecake ended up shrinking. The instructions below are for a 9″ pan, but I wanted to let you know why mine looks a little wonky.

See I really had to guess when adding the filling to the pan because I was using the smaller springform. I could have done some heavy calculations and crunched some scientific numbers to get the right volumes, but it proved to be a lot easier just to eyeball it.

As you can see, when this came out of the oven it was trying to jump out of the top of the pan.

Overall I think it looks pretty good, but let me tell you, this is one delicious cheesecake! If you like tiramisu and are a fan of cheesecake, you will definitely want to give this a try.

Tiramisu Cheesecake

5 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla

TOPPING
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa powder

Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9″ springform pan.

Place half of the cake in the bottom of the springform pan. In a bowl, combine the coffee liqueur and the espresso powder. Brush about 1/4 of the espresso mixture onto the cake layer that’s in the pan. Brush the second cake layer with 1/4 of the espresso mixture. Set the cake layers and remaining espresso mixture aside.

Fit mixer with paddle attachment. Beat mascarpone, cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, on at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla and the remaining espresso mixture.

Pour half of the batter over the cake layer in the pan, smoothing out the batter to the sides of the pan. Place second cake layer on top and pour in the remaining batter, again, smoothing out to the sides of the pan. The pan will be filled to the top edge.

Place cheesecake pan on a cookie sheet and bake 50-55 minutes, or until light golden brown and center is slightly jiggly. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before adding topping.

Using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream and the powdered sugar on medium-high until firm peaks are formed. Spread whipped cream on top of chilled cheesecake, then use a sifter to dust the top with cocoa powder.

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!

NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit http://www.amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html

29 Responses to Tiramisu Cheesecake

Peter M says:

Amanda, Tiramisu is one of my fave desserts and the cake version looks super!

Jennifurla says:

looks like i could eat the whole thing, wonderful idea.

briarrose says:

Wow…..excellent job. Such a creative cheesecake.

Commander "Yarn"sinia Pestis says:

That looks amazing! And just in time, I've been craving some tiramisu lately. :)

I don't see any eggs in the ingredient listing. How many do I use? Looks tasty!!

MaryBeth says:

I love cheesecake and my husband loves tiramisu so this will have to be on my to do list…

Shelby says:

Wonky or AMAZING? OMG I am SO making this! Tiramisu is my absolute favorite dessert and I rarely ever get to eat it.

Lisa~~ says:

Wonky but gorgeous, wish I had a slice right now.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Ann says:

Wow! Fantastic! My family will love you….I come from a long line of cheesecake eaters!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet says:

OMG, I need to make this!

Becki (Becki's Whole Life) says:

Wow – this looks absolutely delicious. And I was surprised that its a relatively short ingredient list – I love it even more now!! Tiramisu used to be my absolute favorite dessert but for some reason I haven't had it in forever. I will have to try this very soon. Thanks for sharing this!

Yikes! Thanks anon, for pointing that out. I just corrected the ingredient list, it's 5 eggs. Thank you!

Thanks Amanda! I actually made it last night and just guessed it was 4 eggs. haha! Hopefully it still tastes OK! Looks so good in your picture!

Ugh, sorry about that! Good guess on the eggs, and I'm sure one less egg isn't going to be an issue. Can't wait to hear what you think!

The Slow Roasted Italian says:

I am making this tomorrow. In honor of my sisters birthday. I will post it on the 30th, National Cheesecake Day. Can't wait to eat it for my sister too. (she lives 3000 miles away).

Love your blog! I am your newest follower!

Newyorkerbyheart says:

Wow, Amanda, it looks amazing. I'll definitely try to make it :-)

All the best,
    Birthe

Lizzy says:

My son's favorite dessert is tiramisu and my daughter's is cheesecake. I think I better try your recipe! THANKS, Amanda!

Heidi @ Food Doodles says:

Mmm, that looks delicious! I love tiramisu and this cake looks amazing!

Sara says:

This looks SO good…making it into cheesecake just might be the only way to make tiramisu even yummier. :)

Sanjeeta kk says:

Love the wonderful layers in the Tiramasu! And what a lovely top for the cake..like it how its jumping out from the pan..

Newyorkerbyheart says:

I just made this for tomorrow, can't wait to taste it – thanks for sharing the recipe :-)

All the best,
    Birthe

Can't wait to hear what you guys think!

Biz says:

Love everything about this one Amanda – definitely insulin worthy!

kyleen says:

That looks so delish! My three favourite foods in one cake: mascarpone, cream cheese, and coffee. Yum!

Megan's Cookin' says:

It's beautiful and I just want to dig into that cheesecake! Kind of makes me want to do a whole Italian dinner with this as the grand finale! :)
    LOL I'm so easily influenced. ;)

I love the layers in that!

[...] I’ve tried has been a success, including this amazing Tiramisu Cheesecake, this fabulous Mandarin Orange Cheesecake and my favorite of all of them, this English Trifle [...]

Julia says:

I was looking at your english trifle cheesecake earlier this am… then came across this one. Holy smokes, I can’t decide which one I want more!!! They both look truly incredible!

[…] Cheesecake from A Table for Two Twix Brownie Cheesecake from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen Tiramisu Cheesecake from Amanda’s Cookin’ Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Savory Sweet Life Cherry and […]