I have always loved tiramisu in its traditional form. I had heard of tiramisu parfaits, but hadn’t tried them yet, so when I was asked to create a dessert using Bailey’s Irish Cream I knew that’s exactly what I wanted to do. The Bailey’s adds a fabulous element to this delicious dessert!
I’ve been telling you about the Friendsgiving that I hosted in early November with a few close friends. A fun way to get together and share thanks among friends, reserving Thanksgiving for your family. We had a great time, enjoyed some chopped salad and bruschetta for starters, ate lasagna roll ups for dinner, and finished off the meal with these parfaits for dessert. It was a great time and the entire meal was a success!
Parfaits are great for dessert because they are the perfect size for one person. A parfait in this form, with cake and liquid, is basically a trifle in miniature form. They can be kept in the fridge for up to a few days, just remove them and allow to come to room temperature before serving, about an hour or so. The chilled dessert does not seem as flavorful and it’s much more enjoyable when allowed warm up a bit.
After you prepare the mascarpone filling, line up six dessert dishes. Place 6 cubes of ladyfingers into the bottom of the dessert dish (5 around the edge and 1 in the center), arranging so that the cut side faces out and touches the side of the dish. Dribble espresso mixture over the cubes.
Add a layer of mascarpone cheese mixture to each dish, a heaping 1/4 cup or so.
Gently press down and spread to an even layer.
Sprinkle with shaved chocolate, reserving enough for the second layer. Repeat the process, cubed ladyfingers, espresso, mascarpone cheese, then shaved chocolate.
The complete recipe is below. I’ve made these THREE times, they are so good!
Adapted from The [amazon_link id=”0446530573″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Sopranos Family Cookbook[/amazon_link]
Bailey's Tiramisu Parfaits
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 soft ladyfingers 1 package*
- 1 1/4 cups strong brewed espresso cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate shaved
- Combine mascarpone, 2 tablespoons of the Bailey's Irish Cream, and the sugar. Whisk or stir together gently until combined.
- In mixer bowl with whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium high until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Line up six dessert dishes (I used mini trifle dishes).
- Stir the vanilla and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of Baileys into the cooled espresso coffee.
- You will need a total of 4 ladyfingers for each parfait, 2 for each layer. Cut ladyfingers into cubes. Place 6 cubes into the bottom of the dessert dish (5 around the edge and 1 in the center), arranging so that the cut side faces out and touches the side of the dish. Dribble 2 scant tablespoons of espresso over the cubes. Repeat for the other 5 dishes.
- Add a layer of mascarpone cheese mixture to each dish, a heaping 1/4 cup or so. Gently press down and spread to an even layer.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate, reserving enough for the second layer.
- Repeat the process, cubed ladyfingers, espresso, mascarpone cheese, then shaved chocolate.
- Use a clean, dampened cloth to wipe the edges of the dessert dishes. Cover the top of each one with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 8 hours, overnight is best to allow the flavors to mingle.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes ahead of time for best flavor and texture. When the filling is too cold the flavors are not as prominent.