Southwest Ground Beef Casserole
We love hamburgers, tacos, and chili, but new ground beef recipes are always welcome in my kitchen. This southwest ground beef casserole is a favorite!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Magic Dust seasoning or Montreal Steak seasoning
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 10 oz can of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 ounces shredded Mexican 4 Cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups dried macaroni style pasta cooked al dente
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4 Cheese blend
- sliced green onions for garnish
Magic Dust ingredients (you can use steak seasoning instead):
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt finely ground
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a two-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In large skillet brown ground beef with onions, bell pepper and red pepper flakes. Season with Magic Dust or steak seasoning.
Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano and chili powder and bring to a gentle boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add the frozen corn and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 ounces of cheese until melted.
Gently stir in the cooked pasta.
Pour everything into prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
Garnish with green onions if desired.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 663kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 6515mg | Potassium: 1518mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 7835IU | Vitamin C: 39.3mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 8.2mg