Easter Muddy Buddies
Easter Muddy Buddies are a sweet and salty dessert snack with cereal coated in white chocolate and peanut butter, customized with your favorite Easter-themed candies. Try this delicious snack at your next Easter or Springtime gathering!
- 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chip morsels you can substitute the same amount semi sweet, dark or milk chocolate chip morsels, if you prefer
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups peanut M&Ms or Easter-themed candy of your choice
- optional customizations: you can add popcorn or pretzels as well
In a large mixing bowl, add 9 cups rice Chex cereal, set aside
In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt the unsalted butter, peanut butter, and white chocolate chip morsels. Stir with a spoon until smooth, melted and combined.
Remove from heat and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour over the rice Chex cereal, using a baking spatula to get all the chocolate mixture out of the saucepan.
Mix the cereal until completely coated.
Add the 2 cups confectioner's sugar and mix gently until coated.
Add 2 cups peanut M&Ms and optional ingredients to customize. Serve, package as edible gifts and enjoy!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 577cal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 8.6mg