Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 20 large bars
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring or icing paste
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and egg until nice and frothy. About 4 minutes. Add the vanilla and almond extract and beat for 1 minute more.
In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them around so that all ingredients are well incorporated.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.
Press the dough into a large jelly roll (cookie sheet) pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let the pan cool completely.
To Make the Frosting
In a medium-sized bowl (or your stand mixer) combine the butter and cream cheese. Beat for about 2 minutes.
Add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
Separate frosting into smaller bowls then add paste food coloring to each bowl.
Frost your pan of cookies using each different color.
Cut the frosted sugar cookie bars into squares and serve!
- I used 5 different colors of paste food coloring. You can use whatever colors you want or just stick with white frosting.
- First I frosted each section and added sprinkles. After all the frosting was added I cut the sections of the frosted sugar cookie bars into squares, again using the dough cutter.
- We've cut ours into 20 large bars and the nutrition calculation reflects that. You can reduce the calories per serving by cutting the bars smaller.
Serving: 1large bar | Calories: 384cal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 673IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg