Meatball Stuffed Biscuits
These meatball stuffed biscuits are a flaky treat with a meaty surprise in the center! Serve with marinara sauce for a delicious appetizer.
- 1 12- oz can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 10 frozen fully cooked italian style meatballs thawed and cut in half
- 4 sticks string cheese mozzarella, about 3 ounces, cut each into 5 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Separate biscuits, then cut each one in half. You should have 20 pieces.
Gently roll a biscuit piece into a ball and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place one piece of string cheese (you may need to flatten it with your fingers) and one meatball half into the biscuit and wrap remaining dough around the filling and seal edges. Place seam side down into 9 inch round cake pan. Repeat for remaining meatballs.
Lightly mist the biscuits with olive oil cooking spray, or lightly brush with oil or melted butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Bake 18-23 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite marinara sauce.