Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
These Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies are rich and sinful and absolutely delicious. Chocolate and cheesecake, a match made in chocolate lover's Heaven.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup PACKED brown sugar
- 1.5 ounces baking cocoa 1/2 cup NOT PACKED, scoop and sweep like flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3.67 ounces all purpose flour 3/4 cup measured with scoop and sweep method
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2.5 oz semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces very soft cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or spray a 9x9 baking pan.
Melt the butter and using a wooden spoon, mix in the brown sugar and cocoa. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Combine with butter mixture, and spread evenly in the baking dish. Set aside.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and salt in a food processor and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate and process to combine.
Spread cheesecake mixture evenly over the brownie layer. Bake in preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick – at most you should only get a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before cutting.
Store in a sealed container, preferably in the refrigerator. Excellent cold or at room temperature!
- IMPORTANT - weigh dry ingredients according to the recipe. Use a kitchen scale to get the most accurate measurement and ensure recipe success!
- ALSO don't change the chocolate types, this will change the flavor. These bars have a dark chocolate flavor. They are not sweet like chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies.
- When you measure your brown sugar, it needs to be packed into the measuring cup. Did you measuring cup into the sugar, fill it as much as you can, and smash it down into the cup tight. Then level off the top.
- When measuring baking cocoa it needs to be done with the scoop and sweep method, otherwise you will get too much and dry out your brownies. I have weighed the ingredients and included those weights in the printable version. Please weigh your ingredients for best results.
- Measure your flour using the scoop and sweep method, or for BEST results weight it according to the printable version below.
- Your cream cheese needs to be very soft, but please don't use the microwave. For best results, take the cream cheese out of the fridge 40 minutes before you decide to bake. Unwrap it and cut it into about 8 pieces and don't let them touch each other. This will let them come to room temperature move evenly.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 251cal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.9mg