Several weeks ago, my daughter and I had lunch at Olive Garden. We had the standard soup, salad and bread sticks that I remember from my Corporate America days. Olive Garden was just down the street from work and we went there at least once a week. I couldn’t help but notice as I watched waiters and waitresses pass by with plates of food, that their dishes actually look (and smell) pretty good! Honestly, I’ve never ventured away from my soup, salad and bread sticks.
So I hit their website. I was actually on a quest for some of the desserts that I saw on the menu. Instead, I ended up printing out quite a few different pasta dishes. One of them was the Tuscan Garlic Chicken. I found this to be absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, my picky family wasn’t really on board. :-p The hubby won’t even touch white sauce, and this is definitely in that category. However, if you like white sauce, you’ll love this dish.
This does not take a long time to prepare either. So if you are looking for something different to try that doesn’t take hours, give it a go!
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
recipe from Olive Garden
- 4 each 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta cooked according to package directions
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 red pepper julienne cut
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb whole leaf spinach stemmed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- MIX 1½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- HEAT 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp (2-3 min). Add more oil for each batch as necessary.
- PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet and transfer to preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for approximately 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp flour, wine, spinach and cream and bring to a boil. Sauce is done when spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in parmesan cheese.
- COAT cooked, drained pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.