This Pumpkin Lasagna has a vanilla graham cracker crust, a sweet cream cheese layer, pumpkin spice Jello pudding, Cool Whip topping and topped with toasted, chopped pecans, shaved bittersweet chocolate then drizzled with caramel sauce.
Why We Love This Pumpkin Lasagna
It has creamy, luscious layers of vanilla graham cracker crust, sweet cream cheese, flavorful pumpkin spice Jello pudding, cool whip, and it’s topped with roasty-toasty pecans, shaved bittersweet chocolate, and drizzled with caramel sauce – whew! How can you not love all of that in one delicious dessert?
First off, the flavor is incredible, all the Fall flavors are there from pumpkin to pecans and caramel. I knew this dessert HAD to have chocolate involved somehow and the bittersweet chocolate has the right amount of sweetness for this lasagna recipe. You could substitute white chocolate too, if you wish.
You can also drizzle this Pumpkin Lasagna with chocolate sauce which would be a nice addition. I love the flavors of pumpkin and chocolate together. You can substitute the chopped and toasted pecans for walnuts, if you prefer. I totally recommend toasting the pecans, it really adds to the flavor. Just a couple minutes in the toaster oven on a foil lined sheet and they’re done! So, this recipe isn’t entirely “no bake” with the toasted pecans but the flavor and texture they add is worth it :)
Ingredients for Pumpkin Lasagna
1st Layer – Bottom Graham Cracker Crust Layer:
- 2 (5 ounce) packages of regular or vanilla graham crackers, finely ground using a food processor or manually crushing
- 5-8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled *I give a range for the amount because I have found that depending on the humidity, you may need more or less butter
2nd Layer – Cream Cheese Layer:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
3rd Layer – Pumpkin Spice Pudding Layer:
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages Jello instant pumpkin spice pudding mix (I found this on Amazon.com)
- 3 cups milk
4th Layer – Whipped & Toppings Layer:
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (I used Cool Whip), you can substitute the same amount whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts (to toast nuts: spread chopped nuts over a foil-lined sheet, toast in 350 degree oven for 1-2 mins, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn)
- halved pecans to garnish, optional
- a drizzle of caramel sauce
Kitchen Tools for Making Pumpkin Lasagna
- dry measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- food processor for processing graham crackers
- wet measure
- offset spatula
- 13 x 9-inch pan
- mixing bowls
- mandolin slicer or box grater for shaving bittersweet chocolate
What I like to do to get super defined slices with this type of dessert is to freeze it overnight (or just at least 6 hours or until it’s even and frozen through), take it out, and slice with a sharp knife. I use a flat serving spatula to get the slices out of the pan. The dessert unfreezes pretty fast (in less than a 1/2 hour – if that) and makes for lovely slices for serving. This is a great recipe for making ahead.
For the bottom graham cracker crust, you could also try a couple rows of ground golden OREO cookies or a Nilla cookie crust. Sometimes, there might be special “pumpkin spice” flavored Oreos if it’s pumpkin spice season. I went with the vanilla graham crackers (Honey Maid makes them) because they have some spice to them, you can get them year-round and they taste great.
If you want a more traditional baked “lush” bottom crust with pecans, flour, and butter, check out Banana Split Dessert for instructions. I personally love the no-bake, graham cracker crust, option because it’s easy and tastes great. There are endless ways to tailor this recipe to your personal flavor tastes.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Pumpkin Magic Cake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cake
I love to bake and cook and share my recipes with you! I know it’s hard to remember to come back and search, so I’ve made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! You can subscribe for free and I’ll send you delicious recipes every week right to your email.
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Pin It Rate It
- 10 ounces regular or vanilla graham crackers 2 5-ounce packages - finely ground using a food processor or manually crushing
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled *I give a range for the amount because I have found that depending on the humidity, you may need more or less butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 8-ounce packages - softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6.8 ounce Jello instant pumpkin spice pudding mix 2 3.4-ounce packages
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts toasted & chopped- to toast nuts: spread chopped nuts over a foil-lined sheet, toast in 350 degree oven for 1-2 mins, keep an eye on them so they don't burn)
- halved pecans to garnish optional
- drizzle of caramel sauce
Things You'll Need
- 1st Layer - Bottom Graham Cracker Crust Layer: In a medium-large bowl, mix melted and cooled unsalted butter with finely ground, processed graham crackers. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Cover and chill until the next layer is ready.
- 2nd Layer - Cream Cheese Layer: Using a hand electric mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice. Mixture should be even and smooth. Spread evenly on top of the graham cracker crust.
- 3rd Layer - Pumpkin Spice Pudding Layer: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk and instant pumpkin spice pudding mix until set. It may take 4-5 minutes to thicken. Spread evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- 4th Layer - Whipped & Toppings Layer: Using an offset spatula, spread thawed whipped topping on top of the pumpkin spice pudding layer. Sprinkle with shaved bittersweet chocolate and toasted pecans. For serving drizzle with caramel sauce. Optionally, you can freeze the Pumpkin Lasagna overnight for more defined slices (as shown in the photos). Do not freeze if you substitute homemade whipped cream because it might not hold up like frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip.Enjoy!
Expert Tips & FAQs
This post originally appeared here on Dec 4, 2017.