I love finding new recipes to try for dinner. It gets so boring making the same thing week after week. But new dishes have to be fairly easy and not too extravagant otherwise it’s just not fit for a weeknight. Chicken is my all time favorite protein, so any time I can find a new and tasty way to prepare it, I’m all over it.
This pretzel chicken is delicious served with my crockpot mac and cheese!
I found this recipe for Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken over at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice. I made just a couple minor changes, like subbing some walnuts for some of the pretzels because I love a nutty flavor. I also used a brown spicy mustard instead of Dijon as I prefer the deeper flavor. It was truly delicious and has been added to my list of foolproof dinner dishes!
It’s pretty straightforward. You’ll mix together pretzels, walnuts and bread crumbs in a food processor.
Then you’ll process the dressing ingredients as well. After that it’s just dredge, dip and dip! Bake them up and enjoy.
More chicken dinners:
Looking for more chicken dinner ideas? I’ve hand picked a collection of my recipes below, but if you’d like to see more, browse all the chicken dinner recipes here.
Pretzel Chicken with Honey Mustard DressingPrint Rate
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown spicy mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat toast the panko crumbs until lightly golden, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a food processor pulse the pretzels and walnuts until coarsely ground. Place in a medium bowl and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Add the olive oil, mustard, honey, and water to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2") between two sheets of waxed paper using a meat mallet.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow dish. Place the flour and half of the pretzel mixture in two more separate shallow dishes. Add additional pretzel crumb mixture as needed.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour then dip into the dressing, allowing excess to drip off, and finally into the pretzel crumbs. Press gently on breasts to help the coating adhere. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes depending on their thickness/size or until cooked through (internal temperature 165 - 174 degrees F.).
- Let the chicken sit 5 minutes before serving with the remaining honey mustard dressing.