When Girl Scout cookie time comes around, I always try and get several boxes of Tagalongs. Those are the chocolate covered peanut butter filled cookies, and man do I love them! I had this great idea to create an ice cream recipe similar to Cookies & Cream, only using the Tagalongs instead. When I told the kids about the idea their eyes lit up, so I was on a quest.
Unfortunately for me, this year I actually missed out on Girl Scout cookie time. As luck would have it though, the Dollar General in town has this generic brand that’s very similar, so I can partake in those until GS Cookie time comes around again.
This is a very easy recipe, one that the kids literally devoured. You know when a teenager uses the word “amazing” to describe something you made, that you’ve hit the recipe jackpot.
It’s been suggested by several teens in this household that I should make this again and again.
So I will.. for their sake of course. ;-)
This is really easy, I promise. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter, then you’ll add in the remaining liquid ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Add that to the [amazon_link id=”B0006ONQOC” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]ice cream maker[/amazon_link] and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Chop the cookies until you have about a cup’s worth, it took 8 cookies for me. Add them in to the ice cream maker during the last couple of minutes. Freeze in a container until firm. Yum.
Peanut Butter Fudge Cookie Ice CreamPrint
- 14- oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fudge peanut butter filled cookies about 8 cookies (similar to Girl Scout Tagalongs)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter until smooth.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, combine the half an half, heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Adding one cup of the cream mixture at a time to the peanut butter mixture, whisk together until all ingredients are combined.
- Process in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Add cookies to the thickened mixture 5 minutes prior to the end of churning. Pour into a covered container and freeze until firm.
Saturated fat: 11.0 g Unsaturated fat: 3.9 g Carbohydrates: 29.1 g Sugar: 23.9 g Fiber: 0.8 g Protein: 7.1 g Cholesterol: 46.3 mg