Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts. Miniature cheesecakes are even better because you can enjoy the full flavor of cheesecake in two bites. Then you don’t feel quite as guilty either. Another one of my favorites flavors is hazelnut, more specifically cocoa mixed with hazelnut. You all know I’m referring to Nutella. If I buy a jar it doesn’t last long in this house.
Problem is that Nutella is pretty pricey so I don’t buy it as often as my family would like. So one day I was grocery shopping and saw that Jif had their own chocolate hazelnut spread on the market! It was less expensive than Nutella, so I grabbed a jar and we put it to the test. In my opinion, and my family’s opinion, it’s just as delicious as Nutella.
Then one day Jif contacted me and asked if I was interested in trying their new spread. I told them that I already had and was already a fan, so they sent me some more. Included in the package was their Mocha Cappuccino flavored hazelnut spread as well as the standard chocolate. So I decided to make these miniature cheesecakes.
Jif also sent me box of brownie mix, so I chose to use that for the crust of the cheesecakes. You could certainly use your favorite brownie mix or homemade brownie recipe just as easily.
These little cheesecakes were a huge hit around here and so was Jif’s hazelnut spread. If you haven’t spotted in the stores yet, look for it. It’s delish!
Full instructions are in the printable version below. First you’ll measure out the mocha spread and the cream cheese and mix them together with a few other ingredients. After par-baking the brownie in the mini cheesecake pan, add enough cream cheese batter to top them off.
I only have one mini cheesecake pan, so I made a couple batches in that, then I put the rest in a small springform pan to save me some time in the kitchen. Had I been making these for a party I would have made them all miniature. In fact, I think it’s time for me to buy a second mini cheesecake pan, don’t you think? :)
Credit: I used this Nutella Cheesecake recipe as the base for mine and adapted it to fit my needs. I read several comments that omitting the sugar was a good idea, I also added egg and changed a few other things. Enjoy!
WINNER: The winner of this giveaway was Jen Marrs, comment #21. Thanks so much to all who entered!
Jif has generously offered to provide a Jif Hazelnut Spread Tasting Kit to one lucky ready valued at $100.00! You must have a U.S. shipping address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway ends on July 31, 2012 at noon CST.
Here’s what you will receive if you win:
- Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Folgers Black Silk Coffee
- Silver Spoon
- Recipes and Tips
- $50 AMEX Gift Card
TO ENTER: There is ONE required entry, the remaining entries are optional. To count as separate entries, increasing your chances, you must leave a separate comment for each one that you perform.
1) Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite way to enjoy chocolate hazelnut spread (REQUIRED)
2) Visit www.jif.com and tell me a recipe that catches your eye (OPTIONAL)
3) Like Amanda’s Cookin’ on Facebook and leave a comment here telling me you did or already are a fan (OPTIONAL)
4) Like Jif on Facebook and leave a comment here telling me you did or already are a fan (OPTIONAL)
5) Pin this post to Pinterest and leave the url in the comments here (OPTIONAL)
6) Share this post on Twitter (mention @amandaformaro) and leave the url in the comments here (OPTIONAL)
7) Share this post on Facebook – you can use the FB share option here (personal profile or fan page) and leave the url in the comments here (OPTIONAL)
Mocha Hazelnut Mini Cheesecakes with Brownie CrustPrint Rate
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces 1/2 jar Jif Mocha Cappuccino hazelnut spread
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/3 cup Jif Chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add hazelnut spread and beat until homogenous.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Place one tablespoon of brownie batter into the bottoms of a mini cheesecake pan. Bake the brownie for 15 minutes, or until lightly set.
- If different than brownie baking temperature, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Top the brownie crusts in the mini cheesecake pan cups until just full with hazelnut cream cheese batter. Bake for 22 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool in pan five minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare ganache by heating cream in the microwave until bubbly. Combine hot cream with hazelnut spread and stir until smooth. Drizzle over mini cheesecakes.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.