If you are looking for a bar cookie that’s great with a cup of coffee or to have as a quick snack, these chocolate chip coffee snack bars are a perfect fit. They are easy to make, cut nicely, and aren’t overly sweet like your average chocolate chip cookie. A more toned down dessert, it makes for a great treat with hot coffee or a glass of milk.
If you’re looking for a gooey sweet treat, this is not what you are after. These have a nice mellow flavor with the occasional chocolate chip to liven up each bite. I really like these for quick snack cakes. Because they aren’t all gooey and melty, they sit cleanly in plastic sandwich bags and are great for sack lunches. The coffee flavor is subtle, not overwhelming, so you could always adjust that to your tastes as well.
Chocolate Chip Coffee Snack Bars
From 400 Sensational Cookies
Chocolate Chip Coffee Snack BarsPrint
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half & half or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil, spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixer bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated. Add in the half & half and vanilla and mix well. Add the dry ingredients with mixer on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-28 (mine took 24 minutes). Cool on a wire rack in pan then lift bars out by the foil. Cut into bars.
Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit http://www.amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html