This week I was poking around FamilyCorner.com and found a bunch of great tips from message board members. Sharing some of those here:
- Freshen your rooms for less: I have sprinkled Baby powder with lavender on a throw rug, then vacuumed it up. It makes my vacuum smell great for many uses.
- To make a homemade mocha latte, make a cup of hot chocolate and put in 1 tablespoon instant coffee. Add a little milk and top off with a dollop of whipped cream.
- I got tired of printing pictures, cutting them out and tossing the leftover photo paper. I now use the scraps to make stencils.
- I purchase coffee filters at the dollar store and use them to cover foods to be warmed in the microwave. They are far less expensive than paper towels or paper plates.
- Make your own “Element Crystals” with rock salt, fragrance oil and food coloring.
- To keep my coupons so I could find them in the store, I’m using a small photo album and putting them in like pictures.
- I only use the clothes dryer for five minutes or so with some loads (just long enough to fluff the clothes). I put one load in the dryer and only leave them there as long as it takes me to load the washer with the next load. Then I hang the clothes to dry.
- To save ink when using your printer, change the font color to gray. You still use the black ink, but a lesser amount. Everything will be just as legible, yet your cartridge will last twice as long.
- Use odd socks to make covers for cell phones or handheld games!
What are your Thrifty Thursday tips?