I am all about breakfast. It’s probably my favorite meal of the day as it gets you going, fueling your body for the day ahead. I’m also very much a morning person, which I suppose would explain my love of breakfast. Brunch is fun too, and when you can combine a gathering toward lunch time with the foods normally reserved for breakfast, I’m in!
I think I was a bit overzealous in measuring my salsa, hence the dark appearance of my quiche, but they were delicious nonetheless! These would be great for the holidays too, such as Christmas or Easter where you have family visiting and need to serve breakfast to a crowd.
This recipe makes 24 little quiche bites, perfect for an on the go breakfast or for a brunch buffet.
Are you a breakfast person?
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® (or 4 eggs)
- ¾ cup crushed seasoned croutons
- ⅓ cup chunky-style salsa
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro (optional)
- Combine cheese, Egg Beaters, croutons, salsa, milk, garlic powder, cumin and, if desired, cilantro in large bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each cup with quiche mixture; do not overfill. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Sargento did compensate me for the time I dedicated to making this recipe and putting this post together for you, however my opinions on flavor and preparation are 100% mine. :)