These meatball stuffed biscuits are a flaky treat with a meaty surprise in the center. If you love meatball recipes, this is sure to become a favorite! They are perfect for game days when you have friends and family over, or they make a great grab and go dinner for soccer nights!
Stuffed biscuits are one of those kind of dishes that look fancy but are actually really simple. It’s also an easy recipe to double or triple, making it ideal for large family gatherings (or for when everyone asks for seconds!). Serve these delectable little treats with your favorite marinara sauce for a delicious appetizer. When I made these the kids devoured them, so I could see preparing these ahead of time, then before you head out to soccer or football practice (especially on those chilly, rainy nights we’ve all sat through as sports parents!) bake them up and toss them into paper lunch bags. Bring along a container of warm marinara and they are perfect for a grab and go dinner.
Making Meatball Stuffed Biscuits
This recipe is slightly adapted from Pillsbury’s Meatball Bubble Biscuits. They use pre-cooked meatballs for the sake of ease, but you could also use any of your favorite meatball recipes as the filling. This recipe also calls for string cheese, but if you have bulk or shredded Mozzarella that works too.
You can find a printable version of this meatball bubble biscuits recipe below. They would make a great addition to a any holiday appetizer spread. Think Christmas, Thanksgiving and even New Year’s! Meatballs are staples of any party buffet, but no one will be expecting this delicious twist! Pop them on a plate, poke with toothpicks and place a bowl of marinara in the center.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional. These small commissions help support this site and keep these recipes free to you! So, thank you if you do :)
Ingredients for Meatball Stuffed Biscuits
- 1 12-oz can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (homemade biscuits can be used if you can’t get these in your area)
- 10 frozen fully cooked Italian style meatballs, thawed and cut in half (or homemade meatballs)
- 4 sticks string cheese (mozzarella, about 3 ounces), cut each into 5 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 9-inch round cake pan
Tip: If you prefer not to use cooking spray, these parchment circles are amazing!
More ground beef ideas:
- If you like this recipe, you might also like my meatball soup or my son’s favorite, the meatball sandwich.
- I also have a great recipe for classic spaghetti and meatballs in marinara sauce.
- If your family enjoys ground beef and you tend to snap it up when it goes on sale, you might want to consider doing some ground beef freezer cooking.
- Feeling extra ambitious? Try grinding your own meat.
- You can also check out this collection of ground beef recipes for more ideas!