First off let me just say how impressive looking and positively delicious this dessert is. The best part is that’s it’s super easy to make. Slightly crunchy edges on the pound cake are topped with sweet ricotta cream and topped with warm blueberry sauce. Yum!
I made this with both Smucker’s® Blueberry and Strawberry Toppings. My husband prefers strawberry while I’m a blueberry fan. That’s another nice thing about this dessert is each person can have their favorite topping, so no one is left feeling like they have to settle.
My husband liked it so much that he said it tasted like something you would order for dessert at a restaurant. I agree, very impressive and really easy.
You could use homemade pound cake for this, or for convenience sake grab a prepared pound cake from the store. If you buy Entemann’s they are pretty small, so you’ll probably only need half or even a third of the topping and ricotta cream. Homemade poundcake is much larger, so the recipe ingredients are more size appropriate.
The original recipe called for all Ricotta cheese, but I used a combination of cream cheese and Ricotta to give it a smoother texture. I like Ricotta cheese, but I prefer the creamy texture of cream cheese. Mascarpone was actually my first choice, I was going to substitute the entire amount with that, but the grocery store was out when I went. Mixing the cream cheese and the Ricotta made for a really nice combination.
Smuckers wants you to try this recipe OR any other tasty dessert your heart desires, so they are sending one lucky winner this tasty topping prize pack AND a $100 American Express gift card to help you buy groceries and anything else you want!
You must have a U.S. shipping address, be 18 or older and enter by the deadline of December 17, 2012. Follow the prompts in the Rafflecopter entry box below!
- ¾ cups ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1½ teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Smucker's® Blueberry Topping
- 1 (11.5 oz.) prepared pound cake, cut into 6 (1¼-inch) thick slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Combine cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl until blended.
- Combine blueberry topping and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon lemon peel in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until warm.
- Spread butter lightly on both sides of pound cake slices. Cut cake slices on a diagonal to make 12 triangles. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grill cake triangles in skillet until cake is lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Arrange 2 cake triangles on each serving plate. Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture and 1-2 tablespoons blueberry sauce.