I made this Chili Mac for my family and they loved it. I have a homemade chili seasoning mix that I make several batches of to use when I want to make chili. Often times I’ll use a couple of my homemade packets and make a double batch. That way I can freeze an extra batch for one of those nights I know I won’t have a lot of time for cooking. Marry some chili with 3-minute quick cook macaroni, and you have a super fast meal for one of those crazy time crunched nights!
Ronzoni makes a quick cook pasta that is literally done in three minutes. So here’s the beauty of this meal. You defrost the leftover chili in the fridge, then when it’s time to throw together dinner before running out the door, put the chili into a big saucepan and begin reheating on medium. Set a pot of water on to boil, once the bubbles start coming up, add 1 1/2 cups of Ronzoni Quick Cook 3 minute elbow macaroni. Cook for 3 minutes only, then drain and stir into the warmed chili. Now yell “Dinner!”
I would definitely recommend adding this to your must-make ground beef dinner ideas. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup Ronzoni quick cook elbow macaroni
- Mix together flour, dried minced onion, chili powder, salt, crushed red pepper, dried minced garlic, sugar and ground cumin. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain off fat from ground beef and return beef to pan. Add seasoning mixture, water, beans and tomatoes and stir to combine. At this point you can add in anything else that you want to personalize the recipe. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare elbow macaroni per package directions. Drain and stir into chili.