Got your attention do I? I’m definitely giving away $100. But let me tell you about this Chili Mac first. I have a homemade chili seasoning mix that I make several batches of to use when I want to make chili. Often times I’ll use a couple of my homemade packets and make a double batch. That way I can freeze an extra batch for one of those nights I know I won’t have a lot of time for cooking. Marry some chili with 3-minute quick cook macaroni, and you have a super fast meal for one of those crazy time crunched nights!
3 minute pasta? Yep! Ronzoni makes a quick cook pasta that is literally done in three minutes. So here’s the beauty of this meal. You defrost the leftover chili in the fridge, then when it’s time to throw together dinner before running out the door, put the chili into a big saucepan and begin reheating on medium. Set a pot of water on to boil, once the bubbles start coming up, add 1 1/2 cups of Ronzoni Quick Cook 3 minute elbow macaroni. Cook for 3 minutes only, then drain and stir into the warmed chili. Now yell “Dinner!”
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
I’ll give you my chili mac recipe below (I double mine from what I’ve given you below), but before I do I’m sure you’d like to know how you can get $100! Ronzoni said they would LOVE to send one of my readers a box of their quick cook pasta, an ADORABLE little kitchen timer, AND a $100.00 Walmart gift card to help you do some shopping! Fun huh?
You have until Wednesday, November 23, 2011 to enter and you must have a U.S. shipping address. Please make sure that when you post your comment(s) I can get a hold of you if you win!
Ok here’s what you do (#1 is required, #2 is optional):
1) (2 part answer, read carefully!) Post a comment telling me which pasta cut you would like to try and what dish you would prepare (your selection will not guarantee what is sent to you if you win). You can see the cuts here (Penne Rigate, Elbow, Rotini).
2) You can earn an additional entry if you tweet OR post about this on Facebook, but you must post a separate comment with the twitter or FB link to qualify for the second entry.
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup Ronzoni quick cook elbow macaroni
- Mix together flour, dried minced onion, chili powder, salt, crushed red pepper, dried minced garlic, sugar and ground cumin. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain off fat from ground beef and return beef to pan. Add seasoning mixture, water, beans and tomatoes and stir to combine. At this point you can add in anything else that you want to personalize the recipe. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare elbow macaroni per package directions. Drain and stir into chili.