Black Cherry Float Cocktail
I found these delicious artisan coolers on a recent browse at our local liquor store and was so excited because black cherry soda is already so hard to come by where I live – let alone black cherry coolers! I knew immediately that I wanted to see how they tasted with some creamy vanilla ice cream, and it was just as delicious as I imagined.
Creamy, frothy and sweet with that tart cherry flavor peeking through. It didn’t taste like Black Cherry Cola however, so if you’re wanting something more reminiscent of a Black Cherry Cola Float, fill your glass halfway with the cooler and then the other half with cola (and add a bit of vodka to bring that alcohol content back up).
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients for a Black Cherry Float Cocktail
- 1 bottle Black Cherry cooler (or black cherry soda and vodka, see below)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Black Cherries, for garnish
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU WILL FIND HELPFUL:
If you can’t find Black Cherry coolers where you live, you can use Black Cherry Cola and add 2 oz of plain or vanilla vodka to your glass before adding the ice cream, or just use whatever other delicious cooler option you are able to find.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION
What is your favorite ice cream float recipe that you’d like to see us adapt into a cocktail?
MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Enjoy a classic Pina Colada at poolside; it’s perfect for summer.
- This Blue Mermaid Cocktail is just begging to accompany you to the beach or poolside!
- For a refreshing and frothy drink that reminds you of your favorite coffee house treat try thisKahlua Frappuccino!
- The Rum Punch Cocktail comes from the Caribbean. Each island seems to have their own version of this classic cocktail.
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to join my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your email inbox every week.