My Recipes that Donna Made

I used to own a website called FamilyCorner.com. I started it in 1997 and sold it in 2007. During that 10 years I met some amazing people on the FC message boards. I remain friends with many of them today. One of those friends is Donna, affectionately known by her FC username of “trainlady” due to her love of traveling the country by train. Donna sent me some fun pictures of several recipes she had made from this blog.

I asked Donna if it was okay to share the pictures with you and she agreed. Thanks Donna, you’re a gem!

Mark waiting to dig in to the Baked Ziti!

From Donna: “Last week when I planned my weekly menu, I used your cooking website for inspiration! I made three main dishes and two desserts! It’s only me and Mark so I don’t cook every night.

Shepherd’s Pie

We eat lots of leftovers..  We had Shepherd’s Pie, Baked Ziti and Cashew Chicken

Cashew Chicken
Baked Ziti

Mark’s favorite was the Cashew Chicken and mine was the Baked Ziti, though we both liked ALL of them! Our 92 year old neighbor, Dorothy, also loved the Baked Ziti!

A plate of the best chocolate chip cookies ever!

The desserts were the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Cherry Cake with Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting

Donna – still a kid, licking the mixer blades :)

We shared the cookies with my parents and some neighbors and everyone loved them! The cake we shared with our square dancing group and it was delicious!”

Mark enjoying his chocolate chip cookie

Cherry Cake with Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting
Cherry Cake – thanks for the printable versions of your recipes Amanda!

I had so much fun putting this post together Donna, thank you! I’m so glad all the recipes were a hit. :) :) You made me day!

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!

8 Responses to My Recipes that Donna Made

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme says:

How much fun it would be to see that readers had made your recipes! I'd love to know that someone was really enjoying one of mine. Donna must be a really special and good friend.

Ali says:

That is so cool. :D

Concetta says:

Thank you for sharing this special post. I can see why Donna is your friend – she is just adorable – I felt like I was eating with her!
    I am really enjoying your blog and just found out that there is a newsletter I can subscribe to – yay!
    <><
    Concetta

Jen says:

This post has helped me so much. I often wondered how you found time to do everything. I still do but it helps to know you no longer have FC. I used to go there quite a bit but it seemed to have changed in some way. Now I understand. I loved the information that "trainlady" shared. She was very helpful to me and I guessed we were comparable ages. It is nice to put a name to the face and glad she enjoys your wonderful recipes.

I know I would love to cook with more of them if it didn't seem as if there was always some problem between USA and Aus. Or maybe it is just my lack of skill!!!

Sanjeeta kk says:

Thats amazing, Amanda..the cookies..the pie and all that sharing. I salute the energy and enthusiasm for blogging you have…need to learn a lot from you.

Shar says:

I love the pictures. I like to lick the beaters too.

Sue says:

What a treat to see others thoroughly enjoying your recipes, Amanda!

MaryBeth says:

I love it when another blogger makes our food and shares with us…I love all of the pictures!