Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce

I’m in love with these flavors! I really wanted to make something a little different for dinner, but was determined to use items from my pantry instead of hitting the grocery store. I had just bought some fresh green beans from the produce section a couple days before, and everything else I had on hand. The roasted tomato flavor pairs so nicely with the bacon, and the added chewy crunch of pecans puts this dish over the top!

I’m a pasta fanatic, but after years and years of eating boring spaghetti and meatballs I almost quit eating it all together. That is, until I discovered that there are so many other ways to make prepare it. Combining olive oil, a little wine or Vermouth, and some garlic and shallots really sets a great tone for a delicious meal. Throw in some vegetables and you’re ready to eat, or Manga!

The entire family raved about this one, especially my husband. That’s always a good thing!

Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce

2 tablespoons olive oil
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or chopped
1 shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 cup Vermouth
3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces and blanched
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb dried Farfalle pasta
1 tablespoon of Kosher salt

Place covered pasta pot filled 3/4 with water over high heat.

Heat skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat to shimmering. Saute shallots and garlic until soft and translucent. Add crumbled bacon, pecans, and green beans. Add freshly ground black pepper over the bean mixture, to taste. Stir to coat and incorporate, then add tomatoes and Vermouth. Bring sauce to a boil and cook on a high simmer (still bubbling) until most of the liquid has cooked out leaving a nice sauce. Turn off heat until pasta is done. Keep warm.

Meanwhile, when pasta water boils remove lid and add Kosher salt. Add pasta and cook as package directs. Before draining pasta, reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta, combine with sauce and bean mixture. Add some of the reserved pasta water if needed to moisten.

Incidentally, the pan I use for this recipe is my FAVORITE pan in the kitchen. It’s my ManPans wok. I use it for all my pasta and stir fry dishes and when I fry things too. LOVE it. You can read my review about it here.

14 Responses to Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce

Shelby says:

I love finding new ways with pasta! Sounds and looks delicious!

Looks good to me. My husband would still ask where's the meat. Did you serve anything else with it?

Jennifurla says:

oh my, what a lovely plate to have in front of me! Love it.

Sue says:

This dish sounds so flavorful, Amanda! Really yummy!

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food says:

You've got ALL of the good stuff in this wonderful pasta recipe, Amanda. It looks quick enough for a weeknight dinner, and I can just imagine how very delicious it must be!

Kathy - Panini Happy says:

These flavors all sound terrific!

Maria says:

Love this pasta dish!

Aggie says:

Pantry meals are the best!! This looks wonderful. Good job on putting it together. I love pasta…and its fun to see what you can come up with.

Ruth Daniels says:

Glad I stumbled across your blog. I love the pasta and hope you plan on sharing some with Presto Pasta Night roundups http://www.prestopastanights.com

Michele P. says:

yummy! i know i will be trying soon!

ManPans Stir Fry Wok Review by Amanda’s Cookin’ | ManPans says:

[...] and Peppers (pictured) Cashew Chicken Black Pepper Beef in Peanut Sauce Peppercorn Pork Stir Fry Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce Farfelle alla Vesuviana Spaghetti with Pancetta & [...]

[…] Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce […]

[…] Other favorites include Farfalle with Green Beans and Pecans in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce  […]