Menu Plan Monday

Last week was the first time I joined Menu Plan Monday. I always plan my menu, but don’t always stick to it. This past week I really did well and even blogged about the recipes that I shared last week. A note about this week’s menu. You’ll probably notice there’s an awful lot of red meat on the menu. That’s because I am trying to finish up the last of the side of beef in our freezer so we can order some more. So here’s this week’s menu, I hope it encourages you to plan yours as well!

Monday - Sloppy Joes - I don’t have a homemade recipe for this. I may try this one I found at About.com, but this week I’m actually going to try a can of Red Gold’s sloppy joe. I don’t usually use the can but rather the spice mix envelope from McCormick’s. If I had the green pepper flakes I’d try the homemade mix this week. Next time!

Tuesday - Crockpot Beef Stew - Haven’t decided which one I’m going to make yet, but I am partial to the one linked at left. I have several beef stew recipes, but I may look up a new one all together. Will most likely make these easy homemade dinner rolls to go with it.

Wednesday - Sirloin Tip Roast – I found a yummy looking recipe at All Recipes I want to try.

Thursday – Farfelle alla Vesuviana - one of my favorite pasta recipes!

Friday – Shepherd’s Pie – Love! This is one of my favorite ground beef recipes.

Saturday – Chicken Quesadillas - The recipe at the link says to use a fajita mix, but I have a little bit of my homemade taco seasoning mix leftover from a half batch of taco meat I made from Nachos last week, so I am using that instead.

Sunday – Meatball Soup - Love this and I have enough meatballs left in the freezer to make it. I haven’t made this homemade Italian bread in a while, so I’ll be making that to go with the soup.

If you need a fun dessert this week, try these Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars!

(If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a stumble, Digg, facebook share, whatever you like! :) )

Tags:

8 Responses to Menu Plan Monday

Shelby says:

I should join in with you on the meal plan Monday! I was meal planning for a while but just kind of let it slip…

Char says:

I'm coming to your house for dinner this week!! Shepherd's Pie is one of my all time favorite comfort foods.

I am making your Beef Stir Fry this week – will let you know how it turns out.

Have a great week.

The Food Hound says:

Oooh, I always plan my menus so I should check out this site! I only blog about half of what I try simply because only about half of it makes the cut as a make-again :) Planning makes it so much easier, doesn't it??

Annika says:

Hi! I'm visiting from MPM. Your menu looks tasty! Have a great week!

Lindsey says:

I'm so glad you joined in again on MPM this week! Your menu looks fantastic :-)

danelleliles says:

Heres my homemade sloppy joe sauce: small can tomato sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tbls white vinegar, 2 tsp yellow mustard. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Yummy!!

Jenny says:

What a great menu. I have never made Shepherd's Pie, but was just talking about it at lunch today. Your recipe looks great. Might have to add it to the menu soon.

lisa9999 says:

A great menu. I love the look of those frosted cookies.