Menu Plan Monday

I’ve said before that planning my menu is really an integral part of keeping out of the fast food joints and avoiding cereal night. I have heard of and seen Menu Plan Monday around for ages and decided that now would be a good time to join in. There are so many great menu options and recipes available too, so I’m joining in the fun! My hope is that posting my menu each week will help to keep me organized and on track.

This week I’ll be trying a couple of new recipes from one of my cookbooks. I also have an oldie but a goodie in store and one I haven’t quite developed yet.

Monday – Pepper Pork Chops – from Cooking Light Complete Meals in Minutes

Tuesday - Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup - I plan to make the stock from chicken leg quarters, and reduce some of the stock for the freezer. The rest I’ll make a simple chicken soup, similar to Sopa de Fideos (fave!) and some homemade pull apart rolls.

Wednesday - Burritos - I’m looking for recipes on this one! I usually just use one of those envelope mixes from the grocery store but would love to find a great homemade recipe. So if you have a link, leave it in the comments!

Thursday – Beef and Sugar Snap Stir Fry - from Cooking Light Complete Meals in Minutes

Friday – Nachos using my homemade taco seasoning and salsa.

Saturday – eat out probably or maybe chili

Sunday – Spicy Chicken and Bowties – this is one of our favorites. I need to make it in the summer so I can get a decent daylight picture. ;)

Are you planning your menu this week? Share over at Menu Plan Monday. :)

(If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a stumble, Digg, facebook share, whatever you like! :) )

Tags:

13 Responses to Menu Plan Monday

Lovin-Life-Piersons says:

We have a place here called 'Cafe Rio' and it has burritos that everyone is crazy for, they are super easy to make and I found a blog that has their recipe on how to make them. http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/search?q=cafe+rio+burritos´╗┐
    I make this recipe all the time and my family LOVES IT!!

Sue says:

You are so busy, and yet so organized! Kudos to you, Amanda:)

Marcia says:

Glad to find a new MPM blogger. Welcome; I look forward to seeing your menu plan ideas…and recipes!

Your Frugal Friend, Niki says:

Pepper pork chops sound yummo!

danae says:

welcome to MPM with us! i love that you love spicy food :)

Lindsey says:

Hi! Your menu sounds lovely :-) I just mix taco seasoned beef and refried beans and salsa together and wrap it in a tortilla for burritos. (We don't do dairy) You can find the recipe for taco seasoned beef in my Tostada Recipe here: http://foodallergiesonabudget.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/basic-tostada-recipe-dairy-free/
    Welcome to MPM by the way :-)

I SO need to start planning a menu, but maybe I'll just start copying yours. ;)

Nutmeg Nanny says:

I really need to get on the meal planning bandwagon. I know it would be helpful for my weight loss journey.

PS_Iloveyou says:

I just joined MPM too! Thanks for the idea, and love your blog!

Kira says:

I Love the Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe! I will be trying that soon!! I also love all he other cute ideas you have…I will be adding you to my list of favorites!!

thecompletecookbook says:

I am terrible at working out a menu plan a week in advance :-( I am sure it would save money too so I should really just do it.
    Looking forward to all your weeks recipes.
    :-) Mandy

Sweet as Coco says:

What a great idea! This is actually our household new years resolution–to plan the weekly menu so I am not at the grocery store daily! Its so much harder than I thought to stay on track though!!! I will have to check this out…

Creative Crafting says:

Pioneer Woman has the best recipe for beef and bean burritos. Check out her site, I believe it's filed under "16 minute Meals"