TWD: Burnt Sugar Ice Cream

Burnt sugar. You’re probably wondering why you would want to make ice cream out of burnt sugar. Caramel my friends. Caramel ice cream that is creamy and smooth tastes so very fabulous. It really doesn’t need any additional topping, but much like a fashion model, I felt the need to dress it up. So I added a drizzle of caramel topping for photo purposes. ;-)

You can find this recipe over at Becky’s place, Project Domestication, or if you have Dorie’s book, Baking From My Home to Yours, you’ll find it on page 432. Great choice Becky!

I’ve made quite a few different ice cream recipes. This one reminds me of the Caramel Chocolate Nut ice cream I made last fall. Not necessarily the flavor, but the method. The caramel seizes up, hard as rock, only to smooth out again once it heats up.

I’m still trying to perfect my Orange Dreamsicle ice cream recipe, so stay tuned for that!

NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit http://www.amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html

19 Responses to TWD: Burnt Sugar Ice Cream

Kayte says:

I agree, it really didn't need anything, but now that I see this drizzle on it, I am thinking I should make some more just to try that out. Very nice photos of it all. Drizzle…oh, yeah!

cookies and cups says:

Nothing beats caramel in my world…except maybe caramel cheesecake ;)

Jenn @ BentoForKidlet says:

Yum that looks amazing! I've never tried making my own ice cream before….may have to give it a go :D

Can't wait to hear about orange dreamsicle!

jose manuel says:

Tiene una pinta increible. Un saludo

Well, yours certainly does look all dressed up with the extra caramel on top. I loved this one for playing around with, but think it's a little too sweet by itself. (Does that make sense? Add things like chocolate to make it less sweet. Yeah, I didn't think so!) ;)

Tia says:

never too much caramel! i would be all over that sauce. and not just for photo purposes.

5 Star Foodie says:

Wow, burnt sugar ice cream, how fabulous!

vincent says:

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

Mary says:

This looks wonderful with the extra caramel sauce on top!

Jules Someone says:

This was amazing. Please send me a sample of the creamsicle ice cream. I'll be waiting.

Erin@The Sweet Life says:

Looks wonderful! I enjoyed this ice cream much more than I thought I would. And I can't wait to see your recipe for the orange dreamsicle ice cream…my husband loves those!

Tracey says:

Haha I always dress my food up for photos, even when it definitely doesn't need it :) Your ice cream looks terrific! I can't wait to see your recipe for orange dreamsicle ice cream – that sounds amazing!

Pamela says:

And you put caramel on top too, didn't you?? I did that as well. So yummy!

Nickki says:

I also served the ice cream with caramel sauce leftover from an toffee, apple & almond crumble I made over the weekend. It was fabulous!

bexbakes says:

mmm caramel topping. Your pics look great!

TeaLady says:

Put chocolate on mine. Looked for my extra caramel from a previous recipe. couldn't find it. Was just as good alone

Looks perfect.

margot says:

Wow, it looks amazing. I definitely would not say no to extra caramel!

Romaine says:

That caramel sauce is really steppin out. Very nice.

Love me some caramel. Love me some ice cream so you know it doesn't get much better than this!