Tuscan Garlic Chicken

Several weeks ago, my daughter and I had lunch at Olive Garden. We had the standard soup, salad and bread sticks that I remember from my Corporate America days. Olive Garden was just down the street from work and we went there at least once a week. I couldn’t help but notice as I watched waiters and waitresses pass by with plates of food, that their dishes actually look (and smell) pretty good! Honestly, I’ve never ventured away from my soup, salad and bread sticks.

So I hit their website. I was actually on a quest for some of the desserts that I saw on the menu. Instead, I ended up printing out quite a few different pasta dishes. One of them was the Tuscan Garlic Chicken. I found this to be absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, my picky family wasn’t really on board. :-p The hubby won’t even touch white sauce, and this is definitely in that category. However, if you like white sauce, you’ll love this dish.

This does not take a long time to prepare either. So if you are looking for something different to try that doesn’t take hours, give it a go!

Tuscan Garlic Chicken

1 red pepper, julienne cut
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 lb whole leaf spinach, stemmed
2 cups heavy cream
1 cups Parmesan cheese, grated

Pre-heat oven to 350 F.

MIX 1½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.

HEAT 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp (2-3 min). Add more oil for each batch as necessary.

PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet and transfer to preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.

HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for approximately 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp flour, wine, spinach and cream and bring to a boil. Sauce is done when spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in parmesan cheese.

COAT cooked, drained pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.

24 Responses to Tuscan Garlic Chicken

RecipeGirl says:

I love that you looked for their recipe online. It looks delicious. Beautiful photos too!

Looks delicious Amanda and I am a big fan of Olive Garden!

Dawn says:

this looks WAY better than Olive Garden's horrid one. Nice.

Michelle says:

We like Olive Garden although we rarely eat out any more. Another restaurant site with pretty good recipes is Red Lobster.

Looks great Amanda and pasta always tastes so good after all the turkey leftovers!

Michelle

Mags says:

I think it's great that Olive Garden even posts their recipes. This looks delicious, but ohhh sooo fattening…lol.

Tasty Eats At Home says:

This looks lovely! I would eat it up in a heartbeat. If we omitted all the veggies, so would my hubby (I too live in a picky eater household!)

LDH says:

Looks great, Amanda! And pretty easy!

Michele says:

Being Italian my bf and I never ever go to Olive Garden (it's really not Italian food) so when he got a gift card from his boss we decided not to let it go to waste. The salad and breadsticks were pretty good, the soup was okay and the rest of the food…horrible. So you're not missing out on anything at all. I'm sure yours is much better than anything Olive Garden can ever make! It presents beautifully!

Art and Appetite says:

First of all, love the layout for photography.

This truly sounds divine. I'd love to try this on tofurky….hmm wonder if it would taste the same.

Culinary Cory says:

Oh my goodness. You cracked the secert Olive Garden recipe! Now there is no need to go there. He He. Overall I'm not a huge fan OG, but I do like getting their soup/salad/and bread sticks for lunch from on occasion.

Julie says:

Looks delish to me! I've always loved the Olive Garden, but almost never go there anymore.

margot says:

That is full of ingredients I like, looks like a great pasta dish. What a shame that your family didn't like it; I guess more for you, though.

Leslie says:

I make this all the time..got it off the olive garden site as well.
    It is one of my families favorites.

Marie says:

Amanda, that looks sooooo good! My kind of dish. I have to tell you I made your Canneloni for the people I work with over the Thanksgiving holidays and they absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for a great recipe!

Felicia says:

Great tip! That looks better than Olive Garden! YUM!

Kelly @ EvilShenanigans.com says:

This sounds lovely!

Katie @ goodLife {eats} says:

I've had this dish before at Olive Garden and it's great. I will have to try making it at home. The dish at the restaurant had whole cloves of roasted garlic in it too. So yummy!

Heather says:

Looks deeeelicious! I don't get to OG that often if ever but I would make this in a heart beat.

Michelle says:

This sounds so good! I think I'm going to put this in my Recipes for Leftover Turkey file!

Jeff says:

Huge fan of the garlic and white sauce so yeah!!!! Nicely done and bet it does taste better than Olive Garden's version

Got everything to make this tonight. (except the white wine)….do you think it will still taste ok without it?????

Yes, you can easily substitute chicken broth! :)

Michelle says:

This isn’t your recipe, its the exact replica of the recipe on Olive Gardens home page! Nice try!

• 23.1

Hi Michelle. It escapes me why you felt the need to be so snarky in your comment. Especially since I never claimed that it was my recipe AND that I state very clearly in between the recipe title and list of ingredients that the recipe came from Olive Garden. In fact, I even linked to it. So next time you visit a blog, read it first before leaving your empty criticisms that end up making you look foolish. A computer screen gives people a false sense of bravery. Makes me wonder if you would have said that exact thing to me if you were standing here in front of me.