TWD – Allspice Crumb Muffins

I’m late for Tuesdays with Dorie. It’s inevitable this week. I am crazy swamped with work, but needed a break, so I went into the kitchen and flipped open Baking From My Home to Yours to pages 16-17. This week’s host and holder of the recipe, Kayte of Grandma’s Kitchen Table chose Allspice Crumb Muffins.

It’s a good thing there was a picture of these in the book, otherwise I would have considered these a failure. You see, the tops rise up and almost collapse, giving them a rustic flat top full of tasty streusel. I haven’t tasted one yet, they are still cooling, but they look and smell fabulous!

If you would like the recipe (it’s really easy!!) click on the link above to visit Kayte’s blog.

13 Responses to TWD – Allspice Crumb Muffins

Erin@The Sweet Life says:

I was glad to have a picture, too. My crumb topping didn't turn out quite as I expected, but they looked a whole lot like yours. We must have done it right!

Karen says:

that is kind of what mine looked like too! These were tasty! Thanks for sharing!

Kayte says:

The tops of those muffins look absolutely delicious…I can just see all that crunchiness and taste it, too. Great job on these. Thanks for baking with me, always a joy to see what's up over here in your kitchen.

Babette says:

Hey, Amanda–nice work…love the chipotle chicken above this post, too…dinner soon????

margot says:

The muffin tops look terrific! Glad you were able to fit this yummy treat into a busy week.

Marie says:

Oh they look great Amanda. I never got around to the challenge this week. it's hard when my boss is in residence. I don't have a lot of time then to call my own!

Way to get it done, Amanda. I don't know how you do it all.
    I changed this one up and made it in to a coffee cake with chocolate chips. Hey, I can't help myself! ;) I do love how everyone's muffin tops look so great!

Your muffins look so good! Better late than never!

You must be Superwoman to pull off all the things you do in a day!

Topping or no topping, they look great and my kids ate these up in a flash!

SUGAR B says:

Amanda, yours look like mine! I think they have rustic charm?! ;)

I am also a day late, but better late than never right?

You rock.

jillbert says:

I hope you liked them when you tasted them! This was a great recipe.

Sweet as Coco says:

My muffins were flat on top too. I can't believe your daughter picked off the streusel! Too funny ;) Glad you were able to participate this week! Definately worth it ;)

pinkstripes says:

I hope your not so swamped next week. They did smell wonderful.