TWD Rewind: Peanut Butter Torte

This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie was actually Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise chosen by Andrea of Andrea In The Kitchen. You can visit her blog to get the recipe. I’ve unfortunately had to pass this week. From what I read there was a lot of baking time, someone said they spent 5 hours in the kitchen. :-O There’s just no way I could have handled that kind of heat in my kitchen right now. It’s so hot outside and it gets pretty hot in my upper level where the kitchen is, so I just had to pass :( So be sure and check out the TWD blogs and see how the others did with this fabulous dessert!

However, I have been saving these photos of the Peanut Butter Torte. My daughter turned 15 at the beginning of March. I handed her Dorie’s book, Baking From My Home to Yours, and told her to pick whatever she wanted and I would make it. She chose the Peanut Butter Torte.

I personally LOVED it, even though I’m not huge on an overpowering flavor of nutmeg and similar spices. This torte had a fabulously creamy center and a delicious ganache. It also was huge! I ended up having to give half of it to my neighbors as there was just too much for us to finish. I would definitely make this again.
I felt safe posting this as it was actually chosen through TWD back in May of 2008, 5 months before I joined. To get the recipe, visit that week’s host, Elizabeth of Ugg Smell Food.

23 Responses to TWD Rewind: Peanut Butter Torte

Marie says:

That looks delish Amanda! I opted out of this week's challenge as well. I did Strawberry Shortcake. After looking at some of the versions of the daquoise though I find myself wishing I had made it!

Cakelaw says:

It looks great Amanda! Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday.

Kayte says:

That looks very nice…I always enjoy it when people do a rewind instead of skipping a week…gives me a chance to see something else done that they haven't done before. The dacquoise was amazing, and really the time goes nicely if you are in the mood. The taste is out of this world…two bites and I was totally satisfied and in love! LOL. I'm going in for another two bites if there is any left tonight.

I rewinded, too. But I just made the simple orange berry muffins and used lemon instead. The peanut butter torte looks heavenly! Whoa.
    Andrea's daquoise looks just like the one in the book, I'll bet it was very tasty. It's HOT here, too. Heat advisory of 115 today! Uugghh.

Flourchild says:

It looks good! I made the TWD but a really easy version I made up!

myfamousrecipe says:

Now you're talking. How I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Thanks for posting this — I'll have to try this rewind myself sometime!

nick says:

Excellent choice from a 15 year old.

WOW that looks really good.

finsmom says:

I love chocolate and peanut butter together, so I am positive that I would LOVE this! Great presentation!

mmmm – chocolate and peanut butter – what a great combo!

pastrybrush says:

The Torte looks awesome. i still need to try that one and of course I love peanut butter and chocolate :)

Karen says:

That is absolutely beautiful! Nice job!

Looks delicious. So perfect for this time of year. I would really enjoy a slice of that right now!

pinkstripes says:

I need to go back and make this one too. It looks fantastic!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie says:

OMG Amanda! The things you have been making lately are positively drool-worthy.

lasinthekitchen says:

The Peanut Butter Torte looks decadent! I love chocolate and peanut butter together so I'll have to try this one although it seems hard to try the ones I've missed since there are soo many!
    I'm not done with my dacquoise yet!

Heather says:

Your daughter picked a lovely dessert.Great job! (I even got a special order for my peanut butter torte last year as it was so popular at work.)

MaryBeth says:

Out of this world fabulous looking…Great job Amanda!!!

margot says:

Yum! I can't wait to rewind to this one.

Erin Orr says:

Looks like your daughter made a good choice! I didn't get a chance to make the daquoise this week…too much humidity in KY and a crazy week. I'll have to catch it later.

Talita says:

This looks absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous! I can imagine how tasteful it is!

That looks amazing! Love the flavor combo of peanut butter and chocolate. I'm going to take a look at the recipe for what you were talking about with the nutmeg.

Leslie says:

Your daughter obviously has good taste, but your photos have me reaching for the cookbook…it looks SO good!

TeaLady says:

I hear you about the heat. Too hot to bake in Central Louisiana. But that tart is good. I had made it earlier also.

Maybe when it is cooler (say, DECEMBER!!!) we can make this.