Frugal Glassware

Did you know that your grocery store gives away free glassware everyday? Well, in a sense they do. You see, every time you buy a glass jar of pickles, olives, or jelly, you get the perfect ice tea or beer glass. :)

There are many, many uses for glass jars. Whether it be craft projects, using them as mini vases, holding crayons or loose change, glass jars are great for multiple uses. The one that people forget about or pass over the most is using them as a drinking glass! I prefer a cold drink in a glass over a plastic cup any day, so I am an avid jar drinker.

So wash out those jars, store the lids for later, and fill them with ice and refreshing beverages :) Oh yeah, be sure to check out my related post about making a simple syrup for adding some flavored sweetness to your iced tea or lemonade.
What did you do that was thrifty this week?

PLEASE ONLY ADD YOUR LINK IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THRIFTY THURSDAY. To participate, simply add the link to your thrifty post below (NOT TO YOUR HOMEPAGE!) and link back to this Thrifty Thursday post from yours. Leave a comment and visit the other TT links to comment on theirs. That’s it! :)

8 Responses to Frugal Glassware

Judy says:

Hey, Amanda, I finally got a Thrifty Thursday post in! Great post on free glassware. I use it all the time — to mix salad dressings, to store leftovers, etc. But lids should be discarded once they start to pit.

aquadaze says:

hey my first time here, and I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing thru your blog!

I WAS saving all the jars, but my husband was annoyed with how much space they were taking up in the cupboards and got rid of all of them. (I still have one or two!)

Cheri Sicard says:

I usually end up saving small jars for craft storage (like the small jelly jars you get at hotels or spice jars), but the larger glasses to drink from would work. Great idea for an outdoor summer party!

I posted some frugal beef tips today, along with a link to Judy's fabulous tutorial on aging your own beef.

The Blonde Duck says:

We drink out of jars all the time! :)

finsmom says:

A very clever idea!

Judy says:

Amanda – thanks for stopping by my blog — the dry aging experiment is over. You clicked on day 1, but I went all the way up to day 14. It's all on my blog. It was a huge success, and we are going to do it again. It's so so easy and the taste is so so great, definitely worth it.

Shari@Whisk: a food blog says:

Great way to recycle and look retro all at the same time. (And you can bake in them as well!)