This week it’s one word: Leftovers.
I am not a big leftover fan. I try to make the right portions so there aren’t any, but there’s always those nights that there’s an abundant amount of something left on the table. This week I had 3 small baked potatoes leftover from dinner and stuck them in the fridge. There are several ways you can enjoy these a second time, I chose to fry them up with some butter, garlic, onion and seasoning. My mother in law and I enjoyed them immensely! ;)
leftover baked potatoes, halved and sliced
freshly ground pepper medley
Put enough butter in a skillet to fry potatoes in, approximately one tablespoon per small baked potato. Melt butter over medium-high heat then add garlic and onions (however much you like, I used 1 large clove and half of a small onion) and saute until onions are tender. Add potato slices and grind some pepper over them, toss to coat. Let cook for several minutes, allowing the potatoes to brown. Flip over and cook on the other side. A few minutes before removing the potatoes, grind some seal salt over the top and toss. Enjoy.
Here are some other ideas for reheating leftover potatoes:
- Cut into cubes and fry as above with the addition of crumbled bacon for morning hashbrowns
- Cut into wedges, place on cookie sheet, season and bake
- Cut potato in half, smash each side, add butter and microwave
- Scoop out pulp, mash and fry for quick potato pancakes
- Cut into long halves, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, green onion slices and shredded cheddar cheese and bake on a cookie sheet
Your turn! What are your ideas for using up baked potatoes?
PLEASE ONLY ADD YOUR LINK IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THRIFTY THURSDAY. To participate, simply add the link to your thrifty post below (NOT TO YOUR HOMEPAGE) and link back to this Thrifty Thursday post from yours. Leave a comment and visit the other TT links to comment on theirs. That’s it! :)