Muggies: 2 Minute Scrambled Eggs in a Mug

There are many hectic mornings when you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to pull out the skillet, whip up some eggs and sit down for breakfast. Muggies are a perfect solution. I know some people who do this in plastic zipper sandwich bags, but with all the hub-bub about chemicals in plastic, I feel it’s much safer this way.

Muggies: Scrambled Eggs in a Mug in less than 2 minutes
cooking spray
coffee mug
2 eggs
splash of milk
salt and pepper
Spray the inside of a coffee mug with cooking spray. Drop in two eggs and a splash of milk. Use a fork to break up the eggs and whisk the eggs and milk together.
Put it in the microwave for 1 minute. The eggs will begin to rise up over the lip of the cup. Remove the cup and flip the egg with your fork to see if there’s any liquid left to cook. If so, put them back in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time until all the egg is cooked. This generally takes less than 2 minutes total. Season with salt and pepper.
Now walk out the door with your mug and your fork, then bring your dishes in when you get home :)

15 Responses to Muggies: 2 Minute Scrambled Eggs in a Mug

Heidi says:

This is how my mom taught me to cook scrambled eggs when I first started cooking. They always turn out good.

I wish I woul have rea this about 10 minutes earlier. My daughter came out asking what’s for breakfast. My usual answer (on a school day morning)was I dont know, find something. tomorrow I’ll say Muggies! ;-)

5 Star Foodie says:

How neat! I’m going to make this with my daughter today! Do you cook the eggs in a microwave on 100% power?

What a great idea that I will definitely try! I’d never heard of this….so clever!

Barb, sfo says:

For REAL????
    I am SO trying this tomorrow morning. I’d have done this for lunch if I’d read it earlier!

Heidi – I agree, just as good, very HOT though, don’t burn your tongue :)

Megan – You’ll love it!

5 Star Foodie – yes, 100% power :)

Debbie and Barb – Yep, it’s such a time saver :)

Bunny says:

This is simple enough to show the kids Amanda. They can make they’re own eggs while I’m at work!

Tami says:

I haven’t made eggs like this for years! I used to make them this way when I was in high school. A LONG time ago.

I’m going to have to show my son how to do this. Thanks for the reminder!

theeverydayfoodie.com says:

I’m in total agreement with Megan on this one. I’ve been trying to get away from prepared breakfast foods for my family but it makes breakfast a challenge. This is something I bet you could even prep the night before and just toss into the microwave. I bet some cheese would be a nice topping too. Thanks for sharing.

Culinary Cory says:

OMG! I thought I was the only person who did this. I actually keep a small container of egg beaters and cheese at work. It’s a great pick-me-up-breakfast when I’m running late. Just grab a mug, pour, sprinkle, and nuke. Perfect.

yum

janet715 says:

I threw in a laughing cow cheese wedge. YUM! Thanks for the idea!!!

[...] and French toast, I’m going to do it. I’ve even taught them all how to quickly make a portable scrambled egg, we call them muggies. It drives me batty if they leave without [...]

Pam says:

Microwaved scrambled eggs? Most of your site contains stuff that looks tasty but this just seems like it would be gross especially the “any liquid left to cook” line. I’d much rather take the few minutes to cook fluffy eggs in a pan instead of hard, liquid at bottom eggs in a cup! Why would anyone do this to a perfectly good egg >_<