Every six months we buy a side of beef. It’s much more cost efficient than paying grocery store prices and the beef tastes so much better. I get tons of ground beef so I am always looking for good recipes…
This one I found at Annie’s Recipes
. I will be entering this in the February Cooking With Alicia & Annie
blog event. It reminded me of Hamburger Helper, which I’m not a huge fan of. I’ll eat it, but I usually don’t buy it. This recipe is good, everyone ate it, but I’m also not much of a casserole fan so I probably wouldn’t make it again. However, if you enjoy casseroles or are a Hamburger Helper fan, this is definitely a recipe you may want to try! This filled a 13x9x2 pan and I actually used about 3/4 lb of the ziti. Served 7 easily.
This can definitely be considered a frugal recipe too if you buy things on sale:
- Canned tomatoes, green beans and corn can all be found in generic or on sale for 30-50 cents a can.
- Sharp cheddar can be high, but if you buy it on sale or in bulk there’s definitely a savings there.
- Ziti can be found for $1.00 per one pound box
- Ground beef can be found on sale for as low as $1.59 per pound sometimes!
- While Campbell’s soups are often a bit higher, if you use coupons or buy generic you can get some good buys.
Share your favorite ground beef recipes with me, I am always looking for them!