Baked Lemon Chicken

I love chicken, I could eat it several nights a week. Baked chicken breast is one of my faves and this Baked Lemon Chicken I found at Alicia’s Recipes is no exception! it was so juicy and the flavor was divine, it’s definitely found a permanent home in my recipe book.

This is another entry into the Cooking with Alicia & Annie blog event.

Baked Lemon Chicken

2 – 2 1/2 lbs. chicken, quartered (I used bone in breasts)
1 lg. clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. rosemary leaves
Dash of black pepper
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. water
Rinse chicken, pat dry. Place in shallow pan, skin side down. Combine garlic, salt, rosemary, pepper and lemon rind. Sprinkle over chicken. Pour lemon juice and water over all. Bake, uncovered in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Turn quarters. Baste. Continue baking about 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.

Delicious and juicy! Normally I just butter my bone in chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper before baking, but this recipe was a wonderful change from the usual. :)
What are your favorite chicken dinners?

12 Responses to Baked Lemon Chicken

The Blonde Duck says:

Fried, of course! :)

Happy cook says:

Chicken breast looks so moist and delicious.

Sara says:

This looks great, you can’t go wrong with lemon chicken and rosemary.

One of the first things I learned to cook was chicken breasts with sauteed red onion, thyme and a blackberry balsamic sauce. The sauce is just balsamic and blackberry jam melted together. My husband still requests this dish!

Bunny says:

I love anything with a citrus flavor Amanda, this looks so nice and moist!

MaryBeth says:

The chicken looks for yummy, very moist and tender. Great work.

LilSis says:

I’ll definitely try this chicken recipe! I love lemon with chicken. Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite chicken dishes, but a little too much work sometimes. Thanks for the recipe!

Marie says:

Amanda, that chicken looks delicious. I love chicken in any way shape or form, but do confess I cannot resist a delicious roast chicken with wonderfully sticky skin!!

Sounds and looks delicious. Nice and moist!

Talita says:

Hi, Amanda! This recipe I need to copy! Looks so delicious! I don’t know what is rosemary leaves! Is it important for the flavor of recipe?
    I post a new recipe at Chocorango. Take a look! =)

Kaitlin says:

chicken & lemon are one of my favorite combos!

Judy says:

I make this recipe with oregano and it’s been a family fave for many years. Especially good on the grill. Instead of lemon rind, I just cut the lemons into thin strips after juicing them.
    BTW, I’ve passed on two blog awards to you — go to my site (judyskitchen.blogspot.com) for info.

Culinary Cory says:

I love baked chicken! It’s so easy and when done right, it becomes chicken salad the next day.