TWD: Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins

Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake chose Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins for this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie.

I made them, they were really beautiful, so colorful! But no one liked them. :-/ I thought they were ok, but we ended up tossing the rest. My husband and daughter took a bite and spit it out LOL So I guess it’s not a total loss that I accidentally deleted all the photos! I like my corn muffins sweet and even increased the sugar, but the equal amounts of corn meal and flour was far too grainy for me.

Oh well, they can’t all be winners I guess. I see that many of the other TWD bloggers had success, be sure to stop by their blogs and see how theirs turned out!

20 Responses to TWD: Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins

Tami says:

Here I thought that I was the only one who ever did anything like that! Sorry to hear that you lost your pictures and on top of that the muffins were a miss.

Tomorrow is another day…get that camera back into your hands and start working :)

Jules Someone says:

Sorry they weren’t so successful at your house!

Bunny says:

It’s to bad the family didn’t like the muffins, I once deleted pictures from flickr with out realizing I was deleting pictures from my posts! Yeah that was a mess!

pinkstripes says:

I’m sorry you didn’t like them. They are pretty with all the color. I took them to work and they were a big hit!

Marie says:

So sorry you lost all your photos and that you didn’t like the muffins. I did think it was a lot of cornmeal, but was pleasantly surprised because we totally loved these muffins!

Navita says:

sorry about the camera…n not so sorry about the muffins though…we are all learning,..aren’t we, so guess thts ok.

Tami says:

Stop by my blog…there’s an award waiting for you! :)

HoneyB says:

Eek~!I’ve done the same thing with my photos before too. So disappointing!

Teanna says:

Awww, I guess these aren’t for everyone!!! And you’re not a loser!! Hahah but great graphic!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer says:

So sorry that these didn’t work out for you! Some recipes are like that, we all have favorite and then one’s that are just a wash. Hopefully next week will be better.:)

chocolatechic says:

Bummer on the pictures.

I added 3/8 c, of sugar to them, and they tasted like Jiffy muffins to me.

Leslie says:

Sorry you lost your photos and the muffins were disappointing! We weren’t thrilled with them either, so you’re not alone!

I’ve deleted pictures and even have forgotten to take them!!!!

The flavor of the muffins is good, but they are pretty crumbly. The rest of my family didn’t care for them and a good five of them most likely won’t get eaten. Still,it was nice to do something savory instead of sweet!

The Blonde Duck says:

Awww, you’re not a loser! Don’t say that!

MaryBeth says:

That’s too bad..I’m sure we have all been there done that at some point in our lives. Can’t wait to see the next picture.

n.o.e says:

Sounds like a total washout for you – so sorry!! Well, TWD will be back to sweets next week, so maybe you’ll find it more to your liking!
    Nancy

Maria says:

Sorry!! Hopefully next week will be better!

Jayne says:

Sorry things didn’t go so well with these! But there’s always next week.

Jacque says:

I guess it was meant to be… bad muffins, no pictures. Sorry :(

Hopefully you’ll have better luck next week.