Fun Thrift Store Kitchen Finds!

Ah I just LOVE finding good deals :) I don’t get to go to the thrift stores like I used to, I am always too busy with work, kids, etc, etc. But today I had to go to look for a jacket for my son, so off I went. While he was browsing the clothes I asked where the cookbooks were. I was absolutely delighted to find 16 cookbooks dating back to the 50s and 60s! What FUN! But wait, there’s more…

After finding the cookbooks I wandered over and found a Pampered Chef large tart pan, a nut cracker (I needed one!), a cookie cooling rack and 3 stainless steel mixing bowls. Yay! So we left the thrift store with all of the goodies above, PLUS three shirts and a belt for $30.23! BUT WAIT… there’s more!

Later in the afternoon I hit another thrift store and found a few more goodies. I was actually on the lookout or a wok. I was rather surprised to find a scarce shelf in the pots and pans area. Turns out they had a 50% off sale today and I didn’t know about it, so they got cleaned out. Grrrr! Ah well, I still found a few things. This store’s cookbook collection wasn’t nearly as good as the other store, but I did grab a Woman’s Day cookbook from the 70s and another large tart pan with a different design that the first. BUT WAIT … THERE’S (al little) MORE! (LOL)

My final cool find was this nifty bread maker! I asked them to plug it in to be sure it worked and it did. I checked all the controls and they seemed fine, so it came home with me. No wok, but that gives me an excuse to visit yet another day! The grand total for this store (after the 50% discounts) was $9.62. That included these goodies PLUS 2 shirts and a pair of jeans for my son.

Woo hoo! Today was a good day :) Now to find some fun recipes in all those books!

12 Responses to Fun Thrift Store Kitchen Finds!

TeaLady says:

Don’t you just love days like that. I found my bread maker for 10 bucks at a flea market. It was great!!! Congrats on your finds. And thanks for visiting.

Susan says:

You did great- I wanna go shopping with you!

My husband and I go to thrift stores all the time. I love them! I’ve gotten great cookbooks from thift shops. I love the older cookbooks too from the 50′s and 60′s. We also get pyrex from there. That has become real collectible and I love using old pyrex bowls!

Wow! You go, Girl! Love all the stuff! Have fun with it.

Bunny says:

Oh I am sooooo jealous! We don’t have a lot of thrift stores here BUT …in the summer my husband and I go to yard sales every weekend, we LOVE it!! I got my Kitchen Aid, almost brand new for 30.00 at a yard sale!! You go girl, you made a terrific haul!!

Cheri Sicard says:

I am a thrift store junkie. It’s a great place to find all those kitchen gadgets you can’t afford (or don’t want to) to pay full price for. Fondue pots, popcorn makers, ice cream makers, bread machines etc. frequently show up there and at garage sales — often new and unopened cause people got them for gifts and never used them. As long as you don’t need something right away, if you;re patient you will find it.

ICook4Fun says:

What a great find!!! Hubby and I went there over the weekend hoping to find some bakewares and cook books but came out empty handed :(

Julie says:

That looks like a fun day. I love thrift stores!

Barb, sfo says:

Cool!

Rindy R says:

My favorite place to shop as well! Love those great deals. You really scored!

AudreyO says:

We love shopping garage sales too. We find the best cookbooks that someone else doesn’t want anymore.

[...] bread recipe was originally for the bread machine. Well, my bread machine, the one I bought from a thrift store many months ago, finally kicked the bucket. So I winged it and adapted the recipe to work by hand. [...]