Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies

This recipe is actually an adaptation of a recipe I found on Alicia’s Recipes called Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing.

First off, I have to tell you that these cookies taste delicious! I was actually thinking they wouldn’t have much flavor as the only spice added is cinnamon; no allspice, nutmeg, nothing else. Much to my surprise they flavor is very good, and I am not a big pumpkin fan, but let me tell you these are wonderful :)

The texture of these cookies is that of a very moist cake. They rose quite a bit, so I think next time i make them I will eliminate the baking soda as baking powder is already being used. I think they had a bit too much leavening. (Adding in a note here. After adding the cinnamon chips, the cookies flattened a bit. The rounded cookies worked well with the frosting, so I may not change a thing!) They are also pretty delicate cookies, but they’ve only been cooling for about half an hour now, so they may firm up a bit as the day progresses.

Also, and you may have noticed from the title of the post compared to the title of the recipe, I added some cinnamon chips to the second half of the batter to see what they would be like. Wow! Yum factor! Chocolate chips would be great too, but all I had left was the cinnamon chips left over from the Cinnadoodles and Rugelach I made.

The recipe also had ingredients listed for a caramel icing. Well I made it and it was very grainy from the brown sugar and far too runny. I dipped a few, but decided it wasn’t worth the mess. Tasty, but definitely a problem there. So I added more confectioner’s sugar until the consistency was right, I would say almost one more full cup! Now that could be because it was sifted first. I also had some cream cheese frosting left in the fridge I had made for something else, so i topped a few with that as well.

Overall, a very good recipe! I will make these again, they are very tasty. Next time I will try chocolate chips ;0) mmmmmm!

18 Responses to Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies

Lisa says:

These cookies look delicious. I just tried cinnamon ships last week.

Abby says:

Glad you said you liked them even though you’re not a pumpkin fan. I’m not either, but I’m game for anything with chocolate!

Tami says:

I’m definitely going to try these! If we lived closer, I would’ve sent my husband over to eat some of them. lol! He was begging me to make cookies tonight but I just didn’t have the time to do it.

n.o.e says:

I had some fluffy pumpkin cookies last week that tasted like Dorie’s pumpkin muffins. Yours look really good; I love pumpkin in everything.
    I’ve got a fun blog award I’m passing to you – stop by my blog to claim it!
    Nancy

Have not tried cinnamon chips yet but plan to. Your cookies look delicious!

Love pumpkin cookies, try chocolate chips next, it’s da bomb! I hadn’t thought of the cinnamon chips though, and I’ll bet that’s good, too! And you can’t go wrong with icing!

Judy says:

Love your blog. These cookies look yummy. I love pumpkin anything. Would love to add you to my blogroll if you want to add me to yours. Let me know.

Hot Domestic Mess says:

Those look so good. Especially with the cinnamon chips. I need to go out looking for cinnamon chips. Those would probably be good in anything.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. It’s new so it’s great to get comments and know people have been there. :-)

Just curious, what’s your relationship to Alicia and Annie? Are they friends of yours or are you just working with them?

All four cookies look and sound DELISH! Box ‘em up for me. I especially like the ones with cinnamon chips. I have a bag of them but have yet to break into them. Also, lovin’ the caramel icing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa – thanks!

Abby – I love chocolate and pumpkin too. I'm actually discovering that I like pumpkin, just not crazy about pumpkin pie.

Tami – Ha! I wish you did live closer my friend :)

nancy – Ooohhh I loved Dorie's muffins so your cookies must have been the bomb! Thanks for the award, I will come by and grab it, I have a few others I need to post too. Thank you!

Debbie – you will love the cinnamon chips if you can find them!

Katrina – yep, I love the chocolate and pumpkin combo. Made Dorie's pumpkin muffins in a previous post and they were awesome.

Judy – Hi Judy, happy to add you to my blog roll, you have some tasty things there!

Hot Domestic Mess – I love how you include your cute kids in your posts :) I work for the owner of the Alicia & Annie websites and I run the blog and the blog event :)

ingrid – These cookies ended up being even more fabulous the next day. EVERYONE liked them, all the kids and adults. I guess I have to make some more!

The Blonde Duck says:

These look soo good! I’ll have to whip some up after Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin cookies with cinnamon chips. Thats brilliant. Why didn’t I think of that? And I need to get in on the fun at Alicias and Annies. My intentions are good! My action sucks. :) What can I say?

Kevin says:

Pumpkin and cinnamon chips sounds like a great cookie combo! They look really good.

Jude says:

Mmmm… I’m sold on your description of really moist cakes. I love cookies that turn out like that.

bunnysmama says:

I made these and they were so amazing, my mum snatched them right off the cookie sheet, LOL. Thank you!

So glad you liked them, I love the flavor of these :)

[...] tried cinnamon chips in a couple different things without much success. Although, there was the cinnamon chip pumpkin cookies which were truly AH-MAY-ZING. The cinnamon chips changed these from a cake-like cookie to one more [...]

[...] 1. Cranberry Orange Spiral Cookies 2. Blackberry Pie Squares 3. White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies 4. Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies [...]